White Rabbit Japan is working to elevate ecommerce between Japanese sellers and overseas buyers. At the core of this effort is our White Rabbit Express and Blackship products. White Rabbit Express makes buying from Japan hassle-free for tens of thousands of people and businesses worldwide. Blackship makes it faster and easier for businesses and individuals to forward packages from Japan.
As an engineer at White Rabbit, you will have the opportunity to work on one of our newest products: Japan Rabbit. Japan Rabbit is pre-launch, which means there is ample opportunity for impact and growth. As a full stack engineer on the team, you will work with other engineers to build delightful features, as well as working with our Customer Support and Operations teams to understand and solve our users’ pain points. You will have the many opportunities to work directly on customer-facing surfaces.
We’re looking for people with a strong background in building successful products or systems; you’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention to detail; and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
As a Full Stack Engineer at White Rabbit you will:
- Work with a wide range of mission-critical systems, processes, and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end.
- Work with product managers and engineer team members to build new features for internal and external users.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across our distributed application ecosystem of backend systems, databases, microservices, third-party APIs, and hardware devices.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter.
You may be a good fit if:
- You have a BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Significant development experience in Vue, Meteor, React or similar.
- Strong knowledge of web technologies including GraphQL, SQL, GitHub, HTML, and CSS.
- Experience with Material Design or similar UI component framework.
- Knowledge of web application security.
- Experience building serverless applications.
- Code-testing framework experience (Jest or similar).
- Experience mentoring and managing others
How to apply
Apply via our careers site please
Looking for more full-time jobs?