White Rabbit Japan is working to elevate ecommerce between Japanese sellers and overseas buyers. At the core of this effort is our White Rabbit Express and Blackship products. White Rabbit Express makes buying from Japan hassle-free for tens of thousands of people and businesses worldwide. Blackship makes it faster and easier for businesses and individuals to forward packages from Japan.
White Rabbit Japan is working to elevate eCommerce between Japan-based sellers and overseas buyers. At the core of this effort are our White Rabbit Express and Blackship products. White Rabbit Express makes buying from Japan hassle-free for tens of thousands of people and businesses worldwide. Blackship makes it faster and easier for businesses and individuals to forward packages from Japan.
As an engineer at White Rabbit, you will have the opportunity to work on one of our newest products: Japan Rabbit. Japan Rabbit is an early-stage product, which means there is ample opportunity for impact and growth. As a full stack engineer, you will work with other engineers to build delightful features, as well as working with our Customer Support and Operations teams to understand and solve our users’ pain points. You will have many opportunities to work directly on customer-facing surfaces.
We’re looking for people with a strong background in building successful products or systems; you’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention-to-detail; and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
As a Full Stack Engineer at White Rabbit you will:
- Work with a wide range of mission-critical systems, processes, and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end.
- Collaborate with the CEO and other Engineers to build new features for internal and external users
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across our distributed application ecosystem of backend systems, databases, microservices, third-party APIs, and hardware devices.
- Write unit, integration and end-to-end test.
- Document the systems your build and maintain.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter.
You may be a good fit if:
- You have 3+ years experience developing web applications with NodeJS.
- 5+ years experience working with Git, HTML, and consuming APIs.
- 3+ years experience with a UI framework such as Vue or React or similar.
- 3+ years experience with SQL (queries, CRUD ops, data modeling)
- 3+ years experience with GCP, AWS, Azure or similar cloud computing platform (we use GCP).
- You work iteratively and smartly separate what must be done well now, and what can be improved later—which details to obsess over and when to move on.
- You have a BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience using TypeScript, Hasura, GraphQL and Tailwind.
- Have used Material Design or similar UI component framework (we use Vuetify).
- Knowledge of web application security.
- Experience with static site generators and building serverless applications.
- Experience with code-testing frameworks such as Jest, Playwright, or similar.
How to apply
Apply on our ATS please (link below)
You can you learn more about how we think about work and culture in our Handbook (work-in-progress):
VueConf Toronto 2022
1-3 November 2022 | Toronto, Canada
Join the 5th edition of VueConf Toronto, a 2-day single-track event in Toronto with talks and workshops from Vue.js core team members and industry experts. Get 15% discount using the code: VUEJOBS
Looking for more full-time jobs?