Who we are:
Rover.com is a place where dog owners can find and book dog sitters in their area. We help owners find quality sitters and facilitate the entire experience, so dog owners can comfortably travel without worry about the well-being of their furry family members. We are a rapidly growing and well-financed startup founded and based in downtown Seattle.
We're looking for an experienced frontend engineer who wants to have a voice in the future of our frontend architecture. We have been working hard to lay the groundwork of a modern frontend, and we’re looking for someone who can help us propel that forward. On a daily basis, we make decisions about new frameworks, libraries, tools, software architecture patterns, best practices, UI design, and so on. If playing a leading role in such decisions sounds like your cup of tea, then Rover is the place for you.
- You have 5+ years as a professional software developer
- You have experience with our tools or similiar
- You have experience with ReactJS, Vue.js or similar
- Your test automation skills are excellent
- You have worked in a continuous integration and continuous deployment environment
- You are effective at communicating design-engineering trade-offs to product managers and designers
- You have written and verbal communication skills
- We're migrating toward Vue.js and Vuex and away from Backbone.js
- We build with Webpack with HMR
- Our templates are written with HTML5 in Pug/Jade
- Our stylesheets are written in SCSS
- Our tests run in Karma+Jasmine for unit tests and Selenium+Nightwatch.js for end-to-end tests
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high quality, scalable, supportable solutions
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including a continuous deployment pipeline, automated testing and deployment. Our engineers just merge their branch and it ships.
- We're serious about the quality of our production operation, and have thorough system, application and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection.
- We're thoughtful and focused on decision-making with split testing
- Our teams are integrated team with developers, product managers and designers working side-by-side.
- And, dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
Why we'll hire you:
- You're qualified for the position and your values align with Rover's Core Values
- You get along well with others and thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- You're eager to learn and improve your craft as a software engineer
- You're able to take loose requirements, work with others to figure out what needs to be done, and drive a project forward
- You can be your own QA team
- You have the intuition for when to call it "good enough" and ship, and when to put in the extra time to polish
Benefits of working at Rover.com:
- We offer competitive compensation including stock options.
- You'll receive a generous benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance and a 401k.
- Our office is located convenient to public transportation and we offer paid commuter benefits.
- You can bring your dog to work, and if you don't have a dog we'll contribute $1000 toward adopting a dog.
- You get extra PTO if you are a dog sitter on Rover.
- Of course, we have stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs), plus an all-team catered lunch on Tuesdays.
- Finally, we have an active social calendar with regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more.
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
How to appply
Please apply using the following link.
Looking for more full-time jobs?