Discover our galaxy 🪐
Malt was founded in 2013 and, since then, we managed to become the fastest growing freelance marketplace gathering a community of 470k+ freelancers, 50k+ companies, and 500+ Malters.
We’ve built the industry’s leading freelance management solutions—all on a powerful, data driven—to match companies with the right freelance talent.
But we’re more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more.
Today, our company is growing fast! We need people like you to help us write this next chapter.
We are a tech company with a human approach 👽
- Strong company culture fueled by 500+ Malters from 40 nationalities
- Multiple offices per country (France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and the Middle East)
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
Explore your future career 🔭
Malt is growing rapidly. In order to achieve its ambitious goals, we offer you the opportunity to join the Malt engineering team as a Senior Fullstack Engineer.
The engineering team is part of the product team that creates the most efficient marketplace for our freelancers and clients. The engineering team also supports the other teams in order to provide them with the tools they need to make their day-to-day life easier.
The product team is also the meeting of various skills. It is composed of more than 100 people across Europe:
- Software engineers back (Java, Kotlin)
- Product managers
- UX designers
- Cloud engineers
- Data engineers and data scientists
We are organized in tribes. Each tribe is responsible for a part of the product from floor to ceiling (user research, design, architecture, support, technical debt, production...), and imagines the best solutions to reach the product OKRs and thus contribute directly to the company's growth.
At Malt, we believe that curiosity is an asset. The whole team participates in the product architecture, all decisions are collegial and we regularly engage in discussions on the best way to do things.
The team also actively participates in writing articles on our blog, Inside Malt.
As a Senior Fullstack Engineer, you will integrate one of our product squads, composed of 4/5 engineers, a product manager, and a product designer. Your team will work in autonomy on a part of our product.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the development: technical design, development, testing, deployment, and support.
Beyond the technical mastery, your ability to understand the business, propose improvements and your sense of detail, all interest us.
We are looking for a person who is communicative, curious and eager to improve and to help others to improve
Frontend: TypeScript, Vue.js, Nuxt, Internal Design System, Stencil.js
Backend : Kotlin, Java Spring Boot, Gradle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Redis
Platform: Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Terraform, ArgoCD, Gitlab CI
Mobile: Swift, KotlinData: Big Query, Looker, Spark, Python
We practice continuous integration and delivery, we update Malt around 70 times per week in production. We intensively use Datadog for production monitoring and alerting.
A strong remote culture (most of the team is full-remote throughout Europe)
One day per week dedicated to guild work (technical watch, experimentation …)
Every month we have a knowledge sharing session with all the developers at Malt
Once per year, dedicated days to attend our Malt Tech Days, a tech conference that is organized and presented by Malt’s engineering team.
Day-to-day use of pair programming, empowers collaboration and fosters a sense of teamwork among the tech team.
A detailed career path allowing you to set achievable objectives (with the help of your engineering manager) and a progression over time.
5+ years of professional software development experience
You have significant experience in Java or Kotlin
Understanding data modelling, database fundamentals, API design, caching and architecture patterns
You are using best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, CI/CD, testing, and monitoring
You are interested in approaches around clean code, DDD, scalability and security
Business orientation and product mind, ability to take full ownership
Good Level in written and spoken English - "it is our business language"
Screening with Neige, our Tech Talent Acquisition Manager, to better understand your background, aspirations and answer your questions (45 minutes)
Interview with one of our Engineering Manager (Jean, Fabien or Florian), to discuss your experience and the role in more detail (60 minutes)
Technical Home assignment to prepare and present in order to evaluate your hard skills
Final interview with Benoit (VP Engineering) to discuss Malt’s long term vision (30 minutes)
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself
Malt is the perfect space to thrive personally and professionally 💫
- Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you’ll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other onboardees at our office in Paris
- Equity: Every Malter is entitled to stock options
- Lunch vouchers: €9/day on your Swile card.
- Transportation: 50% reimbursement (any type of transport)
- RTT: From 8 to 12 days off
- Malt sabbatical: After three years, every Malter is entitled to a one month paid sabbatical leave.
- Free books: If you’re interested in learning more about any topic relevant to Malt’s business, just tell us the books you’d like to read, and we’ll order them for you—without any questions asked or approval processes to follow.
- Remote work: full remote, with a possibility to work from any of our offices
- Annual off-sites: Les Arcs, Amsterdam, Ibiza… Where next ?
Ready? Get your ticket to Malt 🪐