About this Job
PRODUCT DESIGNER / DEVELOPER
Hoxton Square, London
Join a media/technology start-up from the ground up! Bringing together three partners with incredible track records in the media and data space, this company has funding in place and a great future ahead of it in the field of conversational media and bringing data to life. We are looking for a talented, passionate designer who wants to implement his/her designs on the front end and learn the dark arts of delivering incredible UI.
About the founders:
The successful applicant will work closely with the CEO (an entrepreneur with two successful exits in the media space) on everything from branding, web properties right through to the user interface on our B2B and B2C apps. On the development side they will work directly with the CTO and have the opportunity to learn best practice on a number of exciting state-of-the-art technologies, centered on vue.js
What we are looking for is a creative and committed person with a great eye for smart design, ranging from websites and apps through to collateral and graphics, and creative data visualisations. They need to be keen to implement their designs beautifully in code, and eager to learn new things.
What do we need you to do?
- Design beautiful, intuitive yet wow-y, websites, applications and interactive features
- Work on branding and other collateral
- Begin the designs in Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Produce prototypes using InVision and similar
- Once signed off, work these designs into front-end code that makes the designs fully realised and come to life
What do we want from you?
- Relevant degree
- An awesome portfolio of work, showing top professionalism and best practise but with a little bit of magic thrown in
- High degree of proficiency in Sketch/Photoshop and Illustrator,
- Great responsive HTML/CSS skills
- Awareness of responsive design and mobile-first approaches
- Good communication, organisation and time management skills
- Self-starter (you won't be getting two-hour headlines every day!)
Apply to this job
Please send CV and link to portfolio if appropriate.
No remote working applications please!