Homeday offers great experience to people that are selling or buying their properties. We bring transparency to the German real estate market and are saving our customers millions of euros in agent commissions. We do so by combining people with great real estate experience together with excellent engineers, which results in great products and process optimizations.
How we roll
You will join our Frontend Engineering team. On a daily basis, we are organized in product squads, which consist of frontend engineers, backend engineers, designers, product managers and possibly other professionals that are needed for a squad to work independently (ML, GIS,....). Currently we have 5 squads, focusing on different areas from customer experience to internal processes.
Some of the things, we’ve more recently worked on:
- Implementing property listings on our website, where buyers can get in direct contact with us
- Implementing flow for property sellers, so they can book an appointment with us directly online
- Automatization of document generation (auto pdf generation from web) with Chrome and Puppeteer
- Creating a customer web application to manage selling processes, have an overview of their property selling process and have full transparency in the process itself
- And much more… :)
We also like to write about things that we do. You can check out our tech blog for much more information.
We use full Scrum, with 2 week sprints, including daily scrum meetings (between 10am - 11am), sprint planning, story telling, sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives.
We use Jira as our project management tool.
In our frontend team, we follow the forking workflow and use CI and CD for all our products.
We have built our own component library (https://blocks.homeday.dev/?path=/story/welcome--welcome) and do not rely on any CSS framework - nor do we want to. We follow BEM for structuring styles and use SCSS as our preprocessor of choice.
On most of our projects we use webpack and all the standard build tools and extensions, that you would normally expect.
- A data-driven, agile environment where good ideas flourish - Got a good idea? Let’s test it!
- Professional support in regards to visa processes, authorities - we'll make relocating as easy as possible
- Large development opportunities in a rapidly growing and well-funded startup - we’re growing quite fast, so there is a lot of room to take charge
- We’re family-friendly and offer you flexible working hours - flexibly to adjust your schedule, no strict start or end time. We understand that time spent in the office does not equate to productivity.
- Develop, test and deploy new exciting products and features in small, cross-functional teams and build state-of-the-art web applications with the newest technology in a real-time context
- Help define our core APIs that power our frontend applications to provide great UX to our users
- Work alongside our UX designers to translate mockups and wireframes into elegant and responsive experiences for our customers - they appreciate it!
- Understand our business processes and help optimizing them. Our business consists of many moving parts, so there’s always room for improvement.
- Drive greenfield and established products, take full ownership and deliver continuous value to our users
- Improve and define products architecture. How can we serve our users faster? Better? Found a code patterns that we can reuse? Great, let’s make it happen!
- Work on cross squads infrastructure to help bring our frontend team to the next level
- Mentor less experienced team members and help them grow
- You have 5+ years of experience in frontend development
- You have a strong knowledge on patterns and methodologies and like to share your ideas to improve the team's skills and culture
- You can work independently and understand the bigger picture of how your work contributes to the overall company success
- You can mentor junior team members and help them grow
- You are comfortable with CSS pre-processors and understand the benefits of using CSS methodology
- You understand the benefits of semantic HTML and apply this to your daily work
- You love to learn new things, attention to details and open communicator - we have high quality standards and are always looking to improve.
Nice to have
- Experience with VueJS
- Experience using Design Systems and building component library
- You are comfortable with agile development methodologies such as SCRUM or KANBAN
- Familiar with PHP
Have a question?
You can always reach out directly through email to our recruiter (email on right side).
How to apply
What we need
To get a first impression we just need your CV. If you feel like writing a cover letter - don´t hesitate to do so.
Ah, by the way: we are also looking for developers on a regular level.