About this Job
Pugpig powers publishing and engagement content platforms for some of the world's biggest brands and publishers including The Telegraph, Net-A-Porter, The Economist, IBM and Which?.
Our mobile app products give content owners a simple way to create and distribute their digital content across multiple platforms and devices right into the hands of their users. Pugpig Bolt is our mobile engagement platform that uses content, curated social media and more to create highly addictive apps for brands and Pugpig Publish is our feature packed mobile publishing platform that powers beautiful branded edition-based and live content apps for publishers.
We are based in Kings Cross London and we work in cross-functional teams to deliver outstanding products across web, iOS, Android. We run agile, cross-company sprints.
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic front-end engineer to help us drive our new hybrid product forward. You will have a passion for delivering beautiful, high quality products as well as a desire to use leading edge tools. The role involves supporting, building and innovating the web product in Pugpig Bolt and Pugpig Publish platforms. You will also work on high profile client implementations, as well as contribute to the development of the core web framework. You will be self-motivated and able to work independently, have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Lead developer on the web integration for our main two consumer/user-facing products
- Custom development for clients on an ad-hoc basis
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability - specifically for mobile devices
- Build reusable code for future use
- Work with our QA team to deliver regular releases and updates
- Support the live product and versions, build new features and contribute to our roadmaps/goals
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
You will have:
- Strong understanding of browser rendering behaviour and performance - particularly on mobile devices
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Good understanding of modern frameworks, including VueJS, React, Backbone Marionette, Redux and Vuex
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Proficient with front-end build tools, such as Grunt, Gulp.js, Webpack, NPM (or Yarn)
- Proficient understanding of version control - we use Git
- Basic understanding of automation tools and testing frameworks - Mocha, ChaiJS and WebdriverIO
- A basic understanding of NodeJS
- Experience working in a team and agile environment (using tools like JIRA)