Porter is an early stage, well-funded start-up based in Eugene, Oregon that is creating a powerful new web platform for bars, fast casual restaurants, and food halls to manage their digital menus and patron ordering processes. Our founders have more than 80 years combined experience in web development, design, payments, enterprise sales, and the beverage and food service industries.
Porter is seeking an experienced front end developer to join the company’s founding team and help drive the development of the company’s core product offering from beta through market launch and beyond. You will be working on virtually all aspects of the current product and future product development. You'll be working directly with the founding team on a daily basis and taking part in key technology-related decisions.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Demonstrate a strong passion for designing fast, reliable, scalable applications with seamless UI/UX for end users;
- Understand the end user and create simple, elegant solutions;
- Lead front-end development of our core web application;
- Coordinate the weekly sprints of multiple front-end developers;
- Write robust yet DRY, maintainable, and testable code in a timely manner;
- Collaborate with back-end and DevOps teams to integrate work flow and product;
- Promote new and innovative enhancements to the company’s products and solutions; and,
- Contribute to the creation of an incredible, overall company culture.
Additional required qualifications:
- 5+ years experience of professional web development;
- Demonstrated proficiency designing and optimizing web apps for use on all form factors, including mobile devices;
- A passion for excellent design and experience working with designers;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience building user interfaces for multiple, separate user groups of the same web application;
- Full understanding of modern web standards; and,
- Familiarity with common version control, project management and development environments.
- Experience creating and consuming APIs;
- Experience with Point of Sale (POS) system integration;
- Previous entrepreneurial / start-up experience.
What we offer:
- A startup environment that is fast-paced, agile and collaborative
- Competitive compensation package with equity opportunities
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training according to your desired path and development needs
- A company culture that values employees’ unique skills and allows them to grow
Equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
How to apply
Please send an email of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- A brief statement of interest and fit;
- Either a full resume or Linkedin profile; AND,
- Examples of work that were in production at one time or another. These examples should be able to demonstrate the level of expertise outlined in this job description, not just code samples.
At least three technical and professional references will be required as a condition of hiring.
Looking for more full-time jobs?