PolicyFly is on a mission to digitize the commercial + speciality insurance space.
We help insurers build better, more-profitable programs with streamlined online applications, faster and smarter underwriting, and the best technology money can buy.
PolicyFly is modernizing the ancient world of property/casualty insurance in both the US + London markets. We are a profitable and growing company with a small, talented & ambitious team.
We are looking for a VueJS developer with a proven track record in building modern and maintainable frontends. Working alongside our backend team, you will lead frontend development, project planning and architecture for PolicyFly.
This position is ideal for a seasoned engineer looking to take the next step and take a leadership role in the product. To learn more, please visit: http://www.policyfly.com/.
Please, no recruiters.
We are a team of product builders -- remote-first and small (~10 people), consisting of: Backend, Frontend, QA/UAT, Project Management, UX Design and Sales.
You’ll be the lead frontend developer tasked with collaborating with the backend and product teams to bring new features to life, refactor existing components to be more extendable and customize the product for new customers.
- Overall frontend architecture and engineering planning (architecture, approach, estimation and project breakdown)
- Development of new features, refactoring of existing features
- Establish new project architectures, build tools and institute modern processes
- Coordination between backend and UX design to ensure a properly built, maintainable product
- Contribute to the product roadmap (planning) and extensibility (architecture) of the product
- Brainstorm creative solutions along with our customer’s requirements
- 1+ years of VueJS experience
- Fluent in Vuex & Vue-Router
- Experience with Vuetify a big plus
- Experience building SPA frontends, preferably in VueJS
- Experience using Stylus or other CSS preprocessors
- Experience with Webpack
- Experience in local development within dockerized containers
- Can translate Sketch files into functional UI/frontend components in your sleep
- You love frontend testing (i.e. Jest / Mocha) almost as much as you love cake
- Deep understanding of web architecture including the HTTP protocol, caching proxies, REST services, etc.
- Fluency in common software engineering practices, such as version control with Git, continuous integration, and automated deployment
- Desire to learn new technologies and consistently improve yourself and projects
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation
- Health/Dental/Vision and 401k Plan
- Small team of exceptional engineers + project managers
- Opportunity to join a growing business and leave your fingerprint on it's success
- Collaborative, transparent and fun loving office culture
- Remote-first team
Looking for more full-time jobs?