Cofense, formerly PhishMe, is the leading provider of human-driven phishing defense solutions world-wide. We deliver a collaborative approach to cybersecurity by enabling organization-wide engagement to active email threats. Our collective defense suite combines best-in class incident response technologies with timely attack intelligence sourced from employees to stop attacks in progress faster and stay ahead of breaches. From driving awareness to security automation and orchestration, our solutions are designed to anticipate and disrupt the attack kill chain at delivery to quickly mitigate the impacts from spear phishing, ransomware, malware, and business email compromise. Today this is all made real for thousands of global organizations in the defense, energy, financial services, healthcare, and manufacturing sectors that understand how changing user behavior will improve security, aid incident response, and reduce the risk of compromise.
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, the UI/Front End Software Engineer is responsible for providing the user interface technology for our customers. This role will work with other UI/UX engineers, product, design teams, as well as back-end engineers to deliver a seamless and elegant user experience.
- Focus on development of an engaging user experience using modern and appropriate approaches to web development.
- Help establish, reinforce, and periodically evaluate coding standards and code quality.
- Engage in constant knowledge sharing with others on the team, across teams, across communities of practice, and across products.
- Help with planning efforts and assess technical feasibility of solutions and design proposals.
- As an effective communicator, work collaboratively and constructively with others in the team and broader organization.
- Coordinate with back-end platform and API teams to integrate with existing and future APIs.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Proficient in HTML and CSS with knowledge of web standards, advanced layouts, accessibility, and responsive design.
- Comfortable with build tools, template languages, and pre-processors.
- An understanding of HTTP and RESTful API design.
- Ability to maintain a test-centric approach to development to ensure code quality and ease of maintenance.
- Excellent understanding of browser security and performance.
- Comfortable at the command line and with utilizing Git commands.
- Passionate about user experience, building modern interfaces, and collaborating closely with Product Designers.
- Constant desire and eagerness to further develop your skillset.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience with Vue.js preferred.
- Experience writing and maintaining clear, consistent documentation to support your code design.
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility and relevant shims, fallbacks, and polyfills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 4+ years of professional experience in software engineering preferred.
- Competitive salary
- 401k plan with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, and life insurance
- Telecom bonus
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
How to apply
Please apply to this position using the link provided below.
Looking for more full-time jobs?