MyWiFi Networks transforms existing hardware into a "Free Wi-Fi with Social Connect" experience that collects valuable consumer data, captures visitor metrics and automates proximity marketing campaigns for local businesses, franchises, event venues and festivals. Our white label captive portal platform provides new revenue channels and monetization opportunities for network operators by seamlessly integrating with Cisco Meraki, Ubiquiti, Open Mesh, Cradlepoint, Aruba, Xirrus, Ruckus, Mikrotik and other Wi-Fi hardware manufacturers.
Do you have a passion for developing new software platforms and technologies? Interested in helping pioneer the future of proximity marketing and mobile communications? This unique opportunity could be for you. Join our dynamic team in a fast-paced entrepreneurial and startup environment with plenty of upside and rapid growth.
MyWiFi Networks is looking for a Lead Developer to manage all technical aspects of our Social WiFi Marketing SaaS. Joining a dynamic and fast-paced startup, this is a versatile role that offers a diverse interaction, from feature scoping with our business team, to coordinating development between our offshore and in-house teams.
- Translate project features into technical architecture and appropriate work scope;
- Audit code and data design to optimize development and control technical debt;
- Manage activity and priorities of in-house and remote development teams;
- Create high-level architecture design and derive implementations;
- Develop and stake ownership over some core features;
- Be the focal point for the adoption of new technology and product innovations, to optimize customer experience and create monetization opportunities;
- Direct cooperation between all development teams (Backend, FrontEnd, QA);
- Participate in the client feedback and feature translation process;
- Evaluate and communicate project timelines across the organization;
- Develop cost projections and financial budgets for development and infrastructure;
- Mentor developers and establish career track and growth plans;
- Manage user data policies to comply with international data privacy laws.
- Experience having lead cross-functional development teams of at least Developers at several technology startups
- Experience having participated in the core development (5+ years) of a SaaS platform
- Expert knowledge of Object-Oriented Design in PHP 7+
- Expert knowledge of Service-Oriented Architecture
- Advanced knowledge of RDBMS design and implementation (MySQL)
- Advanced knowledge of interoperability through Web Services
- Versatility in multiple programming languages (NodeJS, GO)
- Extremely comfortable within a Linux Shell environment
- Familiarity with the base suite of Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with WiFi Access Systems & Controls
- Experience within all parts of the full project lifecycle, from conceptualization, design and implementation to programming
- Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services
- Application: Laravel 5.7 & Slim Framework 3.8 on PHP 7.2
- Web Server: Nginx
- Data: MySQL 5.7, Redis, ElasticSearch
- FrontEnd: VueJS
- Source Control: Github
- Serverless: GO & NodeJS on AWS Lambda
About MyWiFi Networks
MyWiFi Networks transforms existing hardware into a "Guest Wi-Fi with Social Connect" experience that collects valuable consumer data, captures visitor metrics and automates proximity marketing campaigns for local businesses, franchises, event venues and festivals. Our White Label Social Wi-Fi SaaS works with existing consumer hardware, allowing MSPs, VARs, ISPs and agencies to turn Guest Wi-Fi into a social-powered lead generation and customer engagement system. Find out more about our platform at www.mywifinetworks.com
How to apply
Send your updated resume with any important links to Github/SO/Personal Website along with a Cover Letter.
Looking for more full-time jobs?