PolicyFly is looking for a technology leader with a proven track record in building modern and maintainable frontends. Working alongside our backend team, you will lead frontend development, project planning and architecture for our flagship product, PolicyFly.
This position is ideal for a seasoned engineer looking to take the next step and take a leadership role in the product.
We are on a mission to revolutionize insurance. We help insurers build better, more-profitable programs with streamlined online applications, faster and smarter underwriting, and the best technology money can buy. To learn more, please visit: http://www.policyfly.com/
NO RECRUITERS. If you try to find a way to contact me, or anyone on my team I will come and find you and take away your internet. Sorry guys, it's not us, it's you.
- Overall architecture and engineering planning (architecture, approach and project breakdown)
- Interface directly with all other departments within the organization on both tactical and strategic initiatives
- Drive new features and components that push our mission forward
- Prioritize, estimate, and allocate work amongst yourself and the engineering team
- Establish new project architectures, build tools and institute modern processes
- Solutions oriented in your approach with our customers to ensure their satisfaction and execution
- 4+ years of experience in the field of web development.
- Expert in VueJS, WebPack, and Jest or similar testing framework.
- Deep understanding of web architecture including the HTTP protocol, caching proxies, REST services, etc.
- Strong understanding of designing secure systems.
- Experience working with Docker (or another container engine) and designing systems that run in a container context
- Expert in common software engineering practices, such as version control with Git, unit tests, continuous integration, and automated deployment.
- Strong Experience with public cloud systems (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, etc).
- Natural leader with the ability to energize and influence others.
- Experience with Python and Django or Flask a plus
- Experience in various database and modeling paradigms (Postgres, NoSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch) a plus
- Infectious optimism in the face of ambitious goals in an ever changing landscape.
How to apply
Note this is a remote position within the United States.
Please apply via the URL. Helpful to include projects you've worked on and your GitHub in the cover letter, thanks!
Looking for more full-time jobs?