Digital H2O, a water-focused SaaS company, is looking for talented software engineers to join us in building products to solve the challenge of sustainably managing, monitoring, and forecasting water supply and demand in cost-effective ways.
Digital H2O offers a small agile work environment where you can have a large impact on the direction and success of the company. As a Front-End Software Engineer you are given the opportunity to own products and features from start to finish, design to delivery, using the best tools for the job at hand. In return we offer a competitive salary, full health benefits, 401K matching, annual bonuses, relocation assistance, a generous paid vacation policy, and more.
As a Front-End Software Engineer with Digital H2O, you will have the opportunity to help us build a variety of products (and features), including:
- Data visualization and mapping products using Mapbox, Leaflet, Highcharts, and D3
- iPad and Android tablet applications developed with Ember.js and Cordova
- Real-time and predictive analytics designed for industrial water data from remote monitoring sensors, including water quality data, pump sensor data, and even working with license plate capturing technology
- Helping shape new and innovative products (and features) that our customers will utilize to optimize their water use
Here at Digital H2O we strive to implement practices described in the Joel Test for a good software development environment, such as: continuous integration, ensuring comprehensive test coverage, and providing the best computers and multi-monitor configurations available.
Suitable Candidates Possess:
- Software development experience building rich, full-featured applications in a modern framework - such as Ember.js, AngularJS, React.js and/or Backbone.js
- Solid coding skills and Computer Science fundamentals
- Excitement for the code you write, and willingness to work hard at making it maintainable for your future self as well as your colleagues on the engineering team
- An understanding of CSS, HTML5 standards and guidelines
- Passion for building pixel perfect sites with cross browser functionality
Additional Bonus Items We Would Love to See:
- Familiarity with Backend solutions, especially Node.js and Python
- An appreciation for well tested code
- Expertise with data visualization libraries (D3, Highcharts, etc.)
- Previous experience with mapping libraries (Google Maps, Mapbox, Leaflet, etc.)
- Tablet development experience with Cordova, Phonegap, or other libraries
- Experience with agile software development life cycle
Apply to this job
Please e-mail an introduction and your resume to apply.