This position is open to local applicants in San Francisco, CA or residents of the United States. Sorry, no international applicants at this time.
Why Work at Doximity?
Doximity is rewiring healthcare and is the 6th fastest growing technology company in North America. Here's how clinicians use our products. For us, transparency is key, so ensuring your goals and values align with ours is also an important step. Take a look at how we Work at Doximity.
A few fun facts about us
- We deploy our applications to production on average 25 times per day.
- We have over 250 private repositories in Github, ranging from forks of gems, our own internal gems as well as auxiliary applications.
- Our production stack is hosted on AWS and QA clusters on DigitalOcean.
- Hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals will utilize the products you build.
- We host unstructured "hack days" periodically, which is time reserved for you to scratch a code itch.
- A couple times a year we run a co-op where you can pick a few people you'd like to work with and drive a specific company goal.
- Every new engineer ships code to production on day one. Our mentorship program ensures you're immersed in the team's culture early on.
- We embrace the distributed culture, with over half of our team spread out across multiple continents.
About the Technical Stack
Skills & Requirements
- You could be working at any level of the stack, but you’re passionate about front-end development.
- You have in-depth experience with a framework like Backbone.js, React, or Vue.
- You have a diverse technical background. You’re a developer, not just a front-end developer. But you are more than happy leading the efforts to standardize and provide full-stack developers with a solid foundation to develop UI rich applications.
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience developing user-facing front-end systems with JS-based technologies.
- Pragmatic: A problem solver with a passion for well-implemented solutions.
- Fast Learner: You're a software engineer who thrives on applying their knowledge and learning new technologies.
- We would love for you to show evidence of your work - preferably open-source contributions on Github, or elsewhere on the web.
Here's what you can expect
- Work directly with our designers and back-end developers improve our web apps.
- Proactively optimize client code to ensure stability and performance.
- Write automated test coverage for front-end code and work with our TestOps team to ensure the CI is running effectively
- Develop and maintain our front-end application stack.
- Influence cross team initiatives and mentor junior engineers.
- 5% travel time required per year to company HQ and events.
- Full medical, vision, dental for you and your family.
- Stock, pre-IPO stock incentives.
- 3+ weeks of vacation (another week off during the December Holidays)
- 401K and flexible spending accounts.
- Life insurance and disability insurance coverage.
- Brand new MacBook Pro.
- Fully stocked kitchen.
- All-company trips in fun places like Beverly Hills, Lake Tahoe, and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
Doximity is the leading online medical network with over 50% of U.S. doctors as members. We have strong revenues, profits, real market traction, and we’re putting a dent in the inefficiencies of our $2.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system. After the iPhone, Doximity is the fastest adopted product by doctors of all time. Launched by Jeff Tangney in 2011; Jeff previously founded healthcare pioneer Epocrates (NASDAQ: EPOC). Our beautiful offices are located in SoMa San Francisco.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply to this job
Please apply using the button below, send us your resume and tells us why you are the right person to lead our front-end efforts. Samples of your work are a plus.