We are looking for a full-stack developer who is passionate about designing and building extraordinary systems that are intuitive and easy to use; someone that can recognise opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation. We are a small business, so you must be able to work across a range of projects and have the ability to quickly find solutions.
Technology and user experience are at the heart of our business strategy. We champion the use of new and innovative technologies, so we’ll encourage you to use the latest tech wherever you feel it can add value to the business.
Developers are encouraged to raise their personal reputation in the developer community, which can mean contributing to open-source projects as well as attending and speaking at conferences and local meet-ups.
How we work
You’ll work in a small, agile team on a variety of exciting enterprise-sized projects. We balance our workload with greenfield projects, requests for new features, refactoring exercises and bug fixes, so each sprint offers something entirely different to the last. Change occurs often, and we pride ourselves on our ability to be responsive.
A typical working day
- Sketching out ideas for new interfaces or features
- Estimating tasks
- Writing clean, well-tested code
- Reviewing other team members' code
- Identifying issues, or ways in which we can improve
The right candidate
- Has experience using Laravel 5.x
- Can take a project from designing an interface in Photoshop through to implementing it using HTML5 and modern CSS
- Understands 'pixel perfect'
- Is a team player
- Can work without UX designers
An exceptional candidate
- Understands SOLID principles
- Isn’t afraid of DevOps
- Has a diverse GitHub profile
- Is active in the development community
Minimum qualifications and requirements
- Qualification or degree in a relevant computing or technical discipline.
- Examples of code, designs or previous work
What we offer
A very competitive salary, with annual performance bonus and a great set of additional perks, including: a top-of-the-range MacBook Pro and licences to any software you need, fantastic offices in Canary Wharf with amazing views, a training and personal improvement budget, private healthcare, gym subsidy, fresh fruit, breakfast, snacks, cycle-to-work scheme, travel card loans, and a 6% pension contribution.
Energy Aspects is an energy commodities research consultancy with offices London, New York and Singapore. We’re a successful and profitable company whose clients include investment banks, hedge funds, oil producers and governments. Our clients pay a subscription to access fast-changing market data and expert analysis via the systems built by our in-house development team.