Apria Healthcare is one of nation's leading providers of home healthcare products and services including respiratory therapy, sleep apnea therapy, non-invasive ventilation therapy, enteral nutrition therapy, negative pressure wound therapy, and home medical equipment. Headquartered in Lake Forest, California, Apria owns and operates branch locations across the nation and serves more than 1.8 million patients each year. With over $1 billion in annual revenues, Apria is one of the largest home healthcare companies in the United States. Apria was the first company of its type to obtain voluntary accreditation from The Joint Commission and has been continuously accredited for more than 25 years.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Apria Healthcare, you will be responsible for the development and testing of processes to move data from various sources to various destinations based on requirements. You must be able to apply company standards and best practices while providing efficient, well-formed, and highly documented code that adheres to the PSR-2 coding standards. You will be part of an agile team whose primary purpose is the population and maintenance of various data marts.
- Expert PHP 7 proficiency in large, scalable web applications.
- Expert proficiency with Laravel (we use 5.3.30).
- Expert proficiency with VueJS (we use 2.1.8).
- Version control systems, Git and Bitbucket.
- Strong understanding of SQL query authoring, performance tuning, relational database design, and working with data at scale.
- Experience with Nginx.
- Experience with Redis.
- Experience with queueing.
- Strong Agile/Scrum development methodology skills.
- Strong understanding of web services (REST APIs, JSON, and OAuth).
- Excellent communication, written, and verbal skills.
- Familiar with system integration concepts and terminology.
- Functional understanding of Unix commands and environments. We develop using Docker on Windows 10, deploy internally with Jenkins for testing, and use AWS with CentOS for production.
How to apply
It's highly recommended that you include a link to your GitHub, Bitbucket, etc. profile so we can see some examples of your work and how you code.
Looking for more full-time jobs?