Asteris is a leading provider of PACS, RIS, and diagnostic imaging solutions for the veterinary community. Designed by veterinarians for veterinarians, our Keystone software suite offers a unique, patented approach to digital image management, viewing, sharing, and reporting. Our products and services allow you to focus on premier patient care rather than the technology it requires.
Asteris, Inc has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Software Developer to work on complex applications in support of the veterinarian imaging industry. This opportunity includes updating and supporting current applications as well as developing brand new applications in current technologies.
Technical skills needed for success include
- 3-5 years of web application development experience
- 2+ years using a modern SPA framework (React, Angular, Vue.js, etc.)
- Will need to be willing to learn/migrate to Vue.js
- You’ve worked with task automation tools (Webpack, Gulp)
- You’re familiar with the concept of front-end design systems
- Experience using a CSS preprocessor (Sass, LESS)
It would be a plus if you also had experience with
- Using C# .NET Framework, or .NET Core
- SQL, EntityFramework, AutoMapper
- Open source contributions
- WebGL + HTML5 Canvas experience
- Knowledge of UX best practices and patterns
- Familiarity with Git/GitHub
- Familiarity with unit testing concepts
Professional skills and experience needed for success include
- Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology discipline or related field of study (e.g., Computer Science, Software Engineering) and minimum four years of related work experience designing, programming, and supporting software programs and applications
- In lieu of a degree, minimum of six years related work experience designing, programming, and supporting software programs or applications may be accepted
- Communication, communication, communication. Everyone works from home so we cannot rely on water cooler updates.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Great time management and ability to keep priorities straight.
- Previous positive remote team experience
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Uses a variety of techniques to stay current with common software development concepts and tools for solving technical problems
Things we offer besides a salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits available
- Paid educational and conference opportunities
- Balanced work and personal life – we do NOT burn out our team
- No commute
- No dress code
- You can work from virtually anywhere and in your underwear!
How to appply
If interested, please include any social links (GitHub, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) and answer the following questions:
- Why would this be a great fit for you?
- Describe the work environment in which you will most effectively be able to contribute.
- How can we see some of your best work?
Looking for more full-time jobs?