The Visual Agency is a data and information visualization company. We use powerful designs to turn complex data and information into meaningful communications and memorable stories.
We are a growing team of 25 people. Our staff spans information designers, developers, illustrators, consultants and motion-graphers. As Full-stack Developer you will be part of our Development Team in Milan.
About the job
We are looking for a passionate Full-stack Developer capable of carrying out unique projects and building visually outstanding digital solutions. You will partner with a team of talented information designers, art directors, alongside other developers.
You will play an active role in the development of functional and beautiful data visualization solutions and stunning visual storytelling components.
What you’ll do
- Be part of a small development team of four people from different fields (Design, Statistics, Humanities)
- Working with data, organizing, analyzing and preparing them for visualization
- Interfacing with technical stakeholders to find solutions for integrations of our products
- Organize your weekly tasks and collaborate with the team with tools like Github, Asana, Airtable, Slack
- Collaborate with designers to find the best solution to bring prototypes to life
- Discover and learn new awesome libraries and techniques to implement interface and visualization solutions
- Create beautiful interactive data visualizations and dashboards, accompanied by a clear, intuitive and modern interface to use them
Who we are looking for (Knowledge and experience with)
- Any major JS frontend framework/library (Vue/React/Angular)
- Versioning tools (Git/Github)
- Back-end programming language (Node.js, Python, etc.)
- Cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure, Digital Ocean, etc.)
- SQL database (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Containers (Docker)
- Very good level of both spoken and written English
Nice to have (skills on)
- Data analysis / statistics
- System Integration
What we offer
- Permanent contract
- A great working environment and team
- Smartworking programme
- Training: yearly personal budget and time for training and conferences
- Self-Initiated Projects: as an agency, we believe that Self-Initiated Projects are a great opportunity to grow, experiment, and challenge yourself. That's why we actively invest time and resources in them. Here you can find two of our most successful Self-Initiated Projects developed in recent years:
How to apply
Fill in our application form on our website
1-3 November 2022
Join the 5th edition of VueConf Toronto, a 2-day single-track event in Toronto with
workshops from Vue.js core team members and industry experts. Get 15% discount using the
5 October 2022
Join the first community-driven Vue.js conference in Germany. Listen to great talks from
speakers and meet the wonderful Vue.js Community.
Looking for more full-time jobs?