Rumie is an open community of motivated learners, thousands of amazing volunteers, a technology ecosystem but also a nonprofit. We transform real life insights into interactive and engaging learning content, called Bytes. These micro courses are offered in a no cost library without barriers (not even an email address signup), to empower youth to become lifelong learners. Join us in this journey to help redefine the digital learning experience - one Byte at time.
Rumie is backed by the Silicon Valley accelerator that also produced Airbnb and Dropbox (Y-Combinator), and is based at Canada’s #1 incubator (DMZ), and won the Google Impact Prize in 2017 and 2018.
Rumie is looking for a Junior Frontend Developer to join our highly skilled and passionate team that is committed to transforming the digital learning experience. Primarily focused on implementing product features into usable interfaces, with an eye on usability and intuitiveness, while maintaining development principles, you will be reporting to the Frontend Manager. You will get a chance to work on multiple frontend projects and use cutting edge technologies.
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for a Frontend Developer with a lot of energy and passion for developing, improving, and maintaining our platforms.
- Design and build pixel-perfect Web UI Components in: VueJS, HTML, CSS
- Update and maintain our component library
- Implement new features on existing products
- Continuously improve the code base (bug fixes, UI etc)
- Work both autonomously and collaboratively
What should I bring to the table?
- 1+ year of professional experience with VueJS
- Experience with Vue.js, Nuxt.js, Firebase, Node, TailwindCSS
- Good to have: TypeScript, Unit Tests
- Good coding practices using modern CSS, HTML, and JS
- Good knowledge of git and GitHub
- A yearning to keep abreast of new technology and development best practice
Why join our team?
- You will directly contribute to making learning free and accessible to learners around the world
- We’re an effective, creative, and resourceful team that maintains great camaraderie
- We offer an amazing working environment that’s human-centric
- We’re growing extremely fast (are about to reach 1 Million learners) and our products are on the leading edge of technology
How to apply
1) Please send your resume to [email protected]
2) In your mail, please outline:
- Why you feel you are a good fit for this role;
- What excites you about joining Rumie
Looking for more internship jobs?