We are a textile innovation company based in Amsterdam where we’re focused on drastically changing the textile industry as we know it today. With an in-house knit lab with a range of circular knitting machines, extensive yarn library, a creative atelier and a consultancy design company we are experimenting and innovating to create the highest quality knits.
It is our mission to create conscious creators and invite a wide variety of brands from world leading companies, from sportswear, to fashion, all the way to interior and automotive. Some of these brands include adidas, BMW, Rapha, Gore-Tex, and more. We ask these respected institutions to be “part of something bigger” and explore the power of bespoke and conscious textile creation together with us.
The future of BYBORRE is to allow these brands to create in a conscious manner through Create™, our online platform digitising the full supply chain from designing your unique textile through to producing the fabric. We believe in transparency, supplying creators with tools to design and construct their own knits, based on their specific requirements, and make textile creation a fundamental part of their design process.
Are you a digital product engineer enthusiastic about using your skills, knowledge and ideas to make a positive impact? Are you excited to build pioneering technology? Are you looking for a unique experience which bridges the physical and digital world? Look no further!
Our Digital Product team is growing and scaling our revolutionary award-winning platform for responsible and conscious textile creation called BYBORRE Create™. A design tool that empowers creators to design textiles that are more functional and responsible for the products we use everyday.
Over the last few years, our multidisciplinary team of knitters, designers and engineers has been working closely together to build an amazing platform that aims to drastically change the textile industry as we know it today. There is still much more to build towards our vision of a responsible world of textile creation and that’s where you come in!
Together, we are on a journey towards a healthier textile industry, with more creative freedom, less waste, and textiles designed with intent. Join our diverse team of digital creatives reinventing the textile industry!
About the team
- Be part of a close-knit, dynamic and international team (45+ people) in Amsterdam
- Mix of experts in different fields (knit engineers, atelier specialists, yarn specialists, Chief Pocket Officer, knit designers, in-house digital team and more)
- You will be a part of our Digital Product team, working closely with our Knit Specialists and Digital Product Designers. Charlie, our Digital Product Director will be your team lead.
- We work in a highly collaborative team, where everyone has the opportunity to take ownership over their work and the direction of the product.
What you'll be doing
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, knitters and designers to take shared ownership over the product
- Build high-quality UI using a component based design system
- Ensure platform performance by testing for quality assurance and code reviews
- Build highly interactive features that prioritise platform experience
- Communicate and document architectural changes and decisions
- Be involved in building the team and recruiting your future team members
- Learn from your team and visa versa, by participating in our regular team feedback sessions
Skills & experience
What we're looking for in the ideal candidate. Not all of these are must haves, so please take the leap to get in touch even if you don't feel you meet all criteria.
- 3+ years of experience developing full-stack digital product
- Experienced in or excited about working in a start-up or scale-up environment
- A deep knowledge of HTML5 Canvas and it's capabilities
- Experienced or interested in generative design
- You enjoy finding solutions to complex challenges
- An eye for design and detail across a digital experience
- A growth mindset and the desire to learn and grow as an engineer
- You enjoy contributing to the team & company goals by sharing knowledge and experience.
- Motivated to understand the business, our users, their requirements, and to deliver results
- Driven by impact and care about the quality of software you build
- In our Digital Product team we follow a hybrid work method. We are seeking someone who is already based in the Netherlands or someone who wants to make the move and is able to join us at our studio in Amsterdam a few times per week (fully is also possible of course).
- Proficiency in English (our studio language)
- Being part of a dynamic, international team of specialists in different fields
- Being part of something bigger, opportunity to make a positive impact with your work
- Personal development program & opportunities
- Salary based on experience
- 25 holidays per year ( based on full time) & a pension plan
- Daily travel expenses covered
- Laptop, accessories and software tools
- Daily, healthy studio lunch, coffee, drinks & snacks
- A hybrid way of working. Our studio in Amsterdam is easy reachable by car, train or bicycle.
- Regular team events in the studio and the city
- A steep learning curve and an unforgettable adventure
- Soft landing package, visa & support if you are making the move to the Netherlands
Did we get you excited to join our team?
Then we'd love to hear from you!
How to apply
Please apply via: https://byborre.homerun.co/digital-product-engineer-front-end/en
Looking for more full-time jobs?