We are a textile innovation company based in Amsterdam where we’re focused on drastically changing the textile industry as we know it today. With an in-house knit lab with a range of circular knitting machines, extensive yarn library, a creative atelier and a consultancy design company we are experimenting and innovating to create the highest quality knits.
It is our mission to create conscious creators and invite a wide variety of brands from world leading companies, from sportswear, to fashion, all the way to interior and automotive. Some of these brands include adidas, BMW, Rapha, Gore-Tex, and more. We ask these respected institutions to be “part of something bigger” and explore the power of bespoke and conscious textile creation together with us.
The future of BYBORRE is to allow these brands to create in a conscious manner through Create™, our online platform digitising the full supply chain from designing your unique textile through to producing the fabric. We believe in transparency, supplying creators with tools to design and construct their own knits, based on their specific requirements, and make textile creation a fundamental part of their design process.
Are you a digital product designer enthusiastic about using your skills, knowledge and ideas to make a positive impact? Are you a creative excited about designing an end to end experience? Are you looking for a unique experience which bridges the physical and digital world? Look no further!
Our Digital Product team is growing and scaling our revolutionary award-winning platform for responsible and conscious textile creation called BYBORRE Create™. A design tool that empowers creators to design textiles that are more functional and responsible for the products we use everyday.
Over the last few years, our multidisciplinary team of knitters, designers and engineers has been working closely together to build an amazing platform that aims to drastically change the textile industry as we know it today. There is still much more to build towards our vision of a responsible world of textile creation and that’s where you come in!
As Digital Product Designer you will play an essential role in the strategy, design, and optimisation of BYBORRE Create™, our revolutionary platform for responsible and conscious textile creation. Working within a cross-functional and multi-disciplinary integrated product team together with our Digital Product Lead and Digital Product Engineer’s you’ll have the opportunity to bridge a unique digital experience with the physical world of textiles. Pushing the boundaries of pioneering WYSIWYG textile editors and open-source approach to custom textile creation.
Together, we are on a journey towards a healthier textile industry, with more creative freedom, less waste, and textiles designed with intent. Join our diverse team of digital creatives reinventing the textile industry!
About the team
- Be part of a close-knit, dynamic and international team (45+ people) in Amsterdam
- Mix of experts in different fields (knit engineers, atelier specialists, yarn specialists, Chief Pocket Officer, knit designers, in-house digital team and more)
- You will be a part of our Digital Product team, working closely with our Knit Specialists and Digital Product Engineers. Charlie, our Digital Product Director will be your team lead.
- We work in a highly collaborative team, where everyone has the opportunity to take ownership over their work and the direction of the product.
What you'll be doing
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Collaborate with Digital Product Team to provide data-driven design recommendations
- Transform data into actionable insights that highlight design opportunities
- Prototyping experiences that already feel real
- Collaborate in multidisciplinary teams to inspire innovative ways of approaching complex challenges
- Conceive, sketch and pitch original ideas to peers and stakeholders
- Frequently validating your designs by proactively gathering feedback from users and stakeholders
- Ensuring the quality of output from design and development
- Driven to iterate and improve every detail across a digital experience
- Taking ownership of the end-to-end design of the platform
- Interpret complex information to create data-driven design solutions
- Be involved in building the team and recruiting your future team members
Skills & experience
What we're looking for in the ideal candidate. Not all of these are must haves, so please take the leap to get in touch even if you don't feel you meet all criteria.
- 3+ years experience working in a digital product design environment
- Experienced in or excited about working in a start-up or scale-up environment
- An eye for detail across a digital experience
- Provide competency in both UX and UI design
- Experience in working closely with developers to ensure technical feasibility
- Experience and excessive knowledge in building and maintaining large design systems
- Skilled in using the latest design and prototyping tools
- You are driven to iterate and improve the knitty gritty details across our digital experience
- Skilled in presenting your design to various audiences
- You enjoy contributing to the team & company goals by sharing knowledge and experience
- In our Digital Product team we follow a hybrid work method. We are seeking someone who is already based in the Netherlands or someone who wants to make the move and is able to join us at our studio in Amsterdam a few times per week (fully is also possible of course)
- Proficiency in English (our studio language)
- Being part of a dynamic, international team of specialists in different fields
- Being part of something bigger, opportunity to make a positive impact with your work
- Personal development program & opportunities
- Salary based on experience
- 25 holidays per year ( based on full time) & a pension plan
- Daily travel expenses covered
- Laptop, accessories and software tools
- Daily, healthy studio lunch, coffee, drinks & snacks
- A hybrid way of working. Our studio in Amsterdam is easy reachable by car, train or bicycle
- Regular team events in the studio and the city
- A steep learning curve and an unforgettable adventure
- Soft landing package, visa & support if you are making the move to the Netherlands
Did we get you excited to join our team?
Then we'd love to hear from you!
How to apply
Please send in your application here: https://byborre.homerun.co/digital-product-designer-2/en
Looking for more full-time jobs?