Come join a team of enthusiastic troublemakers helping change the landscape of smart buildings and IoT around the world. KMC Controls, a Made-in-the-USA manufacturer with 50+ years of experience, is looking for passionate people to help build KMC Commander, an Intel Market Ready Solution dedicated to helping smart buildings become Genius Buildings! We work with hospitals, school systems, quick service restaurants, and leading commercial real estate companies to create an open platform with security prioritized as a scalable SaaS system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following sections are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Your responsibilities would be the following:
• Write code to meet feature specifications and functionality
• Diagnose and fix bugs and performance issues
• Participate in application deployment and operations
• Be empathetic to customer and developer needs
• Participate in daily standups and sprints
• Research and develop new library and API integrations
• Work with testers and validators to plan and complete tests
• Provide internal and external customer support as needed
The requirements for this position are a minimum of 3+ years developing web-based products in a team environment, and a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The ideal candidates will have:
• 2+ years of experience with SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB, MS SQL, PostgreSQL) databases
• 1+ years of experience with cloud deployment of software
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines
• Experience with Unit, Integration, and E2E testing
• Experience with Git in a professional development environment
• Ability to own features from requirements gathering to customer feedback
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in the HVAC industry a plus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Ability to make quick ballpark estimations to estimate costs and system loads.
Have a basic understanding of probability and statistics to make data-driven decisions (such as with A/B testing) and do basic data analysis to analyze results.
Intuitive understanding of logic to write correct code and understand conditions written by others.
Basic understanding of asymptotic analysis to ballpark the complexity of the code that you write and steer yourself towards efficient solutions.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally stand or walk; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply through the KMC Controls Career Page
or the following direct posting