FanFest is a platform for hosting live talk shows between VIPs and fans from anywhere, broadcast everywhere. We partner with the biggest names in entertainment to make live content interactive by enabling fans around the world to "join the show" with their favorite stars, unlocking new revenue and data opportunities at global scale. We believe in an interconnected present and future where one can be anywhere in the world and share experiences with those who are present live.
FanFest is an interactive video company (with hints of Web3) seeking a Senior Frontend Engineer to grow and develop our product offering and scale our engineering team. This individual must have extensive experience frontend/backend development and ideally team management experience / a passion for sports / love interactive media. You will report directly to and work with the Chief Executive Officer.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and QA to define issues with thorough acceptance criteria prior to engineering beginning.
- Communicate with peers and other disciplines across the organization in many time zones.
- Designing CD process including test coverage.
- Working with CTO to drive conversations around technical issues and engineering practices, suggesting improvements and ideas as you see them.
- Work on complex projects from conception to completion and ongoing maintenance
- Manage the development and evolution of staff
- Identify opportunities for development team growth (training, etc.)
- Work closely with cofounders to make sure the development team is adhering to the company roadmap
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A team player who can collaborate and build trust with engineers, designers, data science and other cross-functional teammates
- Think creatively and approach problems with system-level thinking
- Independently initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Communicate concisely and influence outcomes at high level with remote tools including Notion and Slack
- Ability to perform product-oriented quantitative analysis, including statistical analysis
- 10+ years of Engineering
- 5+ years managing/overseeing developers
- 5+ years experience with Vue.js — both front-end and API integration
- Database design and management, including being up on the latest practices and associated versions
- Server management and deployment for the relevant environment
- Solid grasp of software engineering fundamentals
- Experience with resource allocation
- Ability to manage and implement agile development process
- Extensive experience managing development teams
- BS in Computer Science or related
- Experience with multiple programming languages and the willingness and ability to learn new languages
- Extensive experience with devops on GCP and AWS
- Experience with New Relic instrumentation
- Thorough understanding of user experience and possibly even product strategy
- Experience implementing testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficiency with Git
- Appreciation for clean and well documented code
- Experience with Parse
How to apply
Email us with your resume and links to any relevant examples
Looking for more full-time jobs?