Pitchup.com is the market leading online booking site for campsites, glamping sites and caravan parks, with over 3,000 sites available to book in 40 countries throughout Europe, the Americas, Australia and Africa.
We've sent over 1m customers so far on holiday, and enjoy up to 85,000 daily visits to our website, acclaimed mobile site and Vue.js-based compare tool (http://bit.ly/2tfI3nJ).
Over 1bn holiday nights are spent each year on campsites and caravan parks globally, more than in hotels in several countries.
The company was founded in 2009 by former lastminute.com staff with a background in the holiday park sector.
* Winner, Deloitte UK Technology Fast 50 2016
* Winner, 'Best Place to Stay - Budget', The Independent Travel Awards 2015
* Winner, 'Travel / leisure / sports mobile strategy / campaign' and runner-up, 'Mobile optimised / responsive website', Marketing on Mobile Awards 2014
* Runner-up, West London Business of the Year, West London Business Awards 2013
* Best UK Travel Website, British Travel Press Awards, 2011
* Winner, Future 50 - Red Bull / Real Business, 2011
* 'Best travel websites ever' - Guardian, 2011
* Winner, Best Travel Directory - TravelMole awards, 2011
* Winner, Best Domestic Strategic PR campaign, Travel Marketing awards, 2011
* Winner, Best UK Travel Information Site, Travolution awards, 2010
* Featured throughout the national press including the BBC
We’re a lively friendly team with bags of experience, based at The Light Box in Chiswick, west London.
We’re a multi award-winning team expanding the online bookable campsite and holiday park market where only 30% are bookable online. And we want another expert to join us.
Pitchup.com is the market leading online booking site for campsites and caravan parks, with over 3,000 sites available in 40 countries, including the USA, and plans for further global expansion.
More Brits go camping and caravanning than holiday in Spain and Greece combined, and the market is booming as Brits switch to domestic holidays. Now, we're expanding into Europe and further afield.
A Deloitte Technology 'Fast 50' winner in 2016, Pitchup.com receives up to 125,000 visits and 2,500 bookings per day. The company is profitable and was founded in 2009 by former lastminute.com staff with a background in the holiday park sector.
Cool stuff we’ve done recently include developing our award-winning mobile site and advanced Vue.js-based compare tool. Behind the scenes we’ve built some pretty nice features to help campsite owners manage their vacancies and encourage them to sign up.
We’re based at The Light Box off the Chiswick High Road (nearest tube/train Gunnersbury, Kew Bridge) and are a lively friendly team with bags of experience. We want someone similar to join us – is that you?
What you might be working on
- updating our main templates in Vue.js as part of a forthcoming site rebuild
- adding geo features such as new points of interest and time-based search
- group bookings functionality to determine the optimal combination of pitches offered
- growing our euro-denominated business to capitalise on the European market
- testing and personalising our site
- optimising our marketing channels
- experience working with an application backend like Django or Ruby on Rails
- strong smartphone and tablet experience
- good sql experience (ideally PostgreSQL)
- keen to get involved in a hands-on way, suggesting new ways forward for the site and enjoying coming up with new feature ideas
- a fan of agile working practices – you get things done
- a quick-on-the-uptake problem solver
Backend stack: Python / Django / Postgres / Celery / nginx / S3
£45,000 - £65,000, dependent on experience. Benefits include pension match up to 3%, critical illness cover, group income protection and Vitality private medical insurance.
Contract applications also considered.
Although some remote work is possible, the role is partly office based in west London.
Questions about the role before applying? Let's talk - contact us.
How to appply
Please provide a link to your GitHub URL and any portfolio links.
Looking for more full-time jobs?