Engineering at Prompt
Prompt continues to disrupt the healthcare and medical billing industry by delivering innovative, technology-driven solutions. Our talented engineering team is dogma free and results driven. We are relentless in our drive to reliably deliver outstanding products at scale. We are growing fast, but we can go further, faster with experienced, collaborative, challenge-seeking engineers like yourself.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be a foundational piece to the growth of the product, team, and strategy at Prompt Therapy Solutions Inc. You will be one of the leaders in our development process driving concepts from ideation all the way to creation. Encourage the growth of our engineering team's strategy with your wisdom and experience in the industry. Help shape the engineering team by establishing best practices and hand picking the best talents on the market.
At Prompt, Software Engineers are the keystones of our industry leading product and are the main reason we can deliver a high quality software that improves the lives of our customers each and every day.
- Influence Engineering team strategy and product architecture
- Create technical specifications for up and coming features
- Oversee engineering grooming sessions and delegate feature development estimations
- Mentor up and coming engineers
- Develop new features for the Product
- Participate and contribute to the Code Review process
- Engage in Design Reviews, Product Retrospectives, and other team based ceremonies
- Conduct technical interviews with candidates to help build the Prompt Team
- 5+ years of experience of software development experience with a focus on Full Stack web development
- Strong communication skills and the ability to comfortably articulate you thoughts and decisions
- Desire to contribute to the growth of the product, team, and direction of Prompt Therapy Solutions Inc.
- A working knowledge of the technologies listed below
The ecosystem you will be working in.
- Please have a working knowledge of PHP, Laravel, Vue.JS, and MySQL or any equivalent (Ruby, Node.JS, React, Angular, Ember, Postgres, MSSQL, etc.)
- Please only apply if you are interested in a heavy code contribution role as we are not looking for engineering managers
What you can expect.
- Competitive salaries
- Equity compensation in the form of stock options.
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Generous PTO
- Bi-Weekly company wide sponsored lunches'
Why work for Prompt?
- BIG Challenges:
- Here at Prompt, we are solving complex and unique problems that have plagued the healthcare industry since the dawn of time.
- Talented People:
- Prompt didn't happen by chance, it's a team of incredibly talented and proven individuals who all made their mark before joining forces to build the greatest software on the planet for physical, occupational, and speech therapists.
- Healthy Approach:
- This isn't an investment bank, we work long hours when it's needed, but at Prompt you own your workload and the entire organization takes a liking to smart work (over hard work).
- Environmentally Friendly:
- We are converting medical practices around the country into paperless operations. We aren't enthralled with patting ourselves on the back everyday, but it does feel good :)
You might want to know…
- Do I have to come to an office to do a job that is accomplished on a computer?
- No. This is a 100% remote position. Wear sweatpants, put your feet up, listen to Kanye, whatever you fancy is what you can enjoy in the comfort of your own home. If we have an office close by, we do love to get the team together when it makes sense.
- Will I be working under a non-technical, slightly irritating "product manager"?
- No. Prompt has a flat management style and the only people you are working with are highly skilled and proven engineers.
- Do I have to install a time tracker on my computer because you do not trust my work ethic?
- No. Prompt employees work around U.S. business hours in order to promote clear communication. You’d be expected to do the same within reason (and without time trackers). We are flexible and prioritize actual output over how long something took.
- Will I be working on tedious projects that never make it to production?
- No. We don't have time to waste, your work in the first month here will be in the product, we 100% guarantee it.
- Will the hiring process be dragged out?
- No. You will hear back quickly and we have a two day interviewing process, with both days being within a week of each other (or at your convenience). We know you are busy.
- Is Prompt growing quickly?
- YES! Prompt grew 1600% in 2020 and we are on track to grow exponentially again this year.
How to apply
Please apply through the link provided. Please include your resume as well as any relevant work such as GitHub links or other portfolio's.
Looking for more full-time jobs?