RMP Enterprise was set up by three entrepreneurs: Ali Lindsay, Oliver Sidwell and Chris Wickson. Here they share their story...
We struggled to find placements in 2005. There were various local jobs on pin-boards within the university and websites with just graduate jobs. It was no surprise that when we eventually found our placements, we weren’t well suited to the roles and had mixed experiences of our years in industry.
And we weren’t alone. Hundreds of thousands of students were graduating each year without relevant work experience - the main competency graduate employers were striving to find on CVs. The market was broken.
Since graduating with an idea and a dream, we’ve revolutionised the early talent market with our peer-to-peer approach. Today, we’re the experts in early talent attraction, helping employers across the UK attract the next generation of young people taking the first steps in their career.
RMP Enterprise Ltd is the company behind a number of marketing leading products in the early careers space including RateMyPlacement.co.uk, On-Campus Promotions.co.uk and RateMyApprenticeship.co.uk. You can read more about RMP Enterprise and the team here.
We’re seeking a Front-End Engineer who wants a role in a team that’s building incredible web products. As the right person for this new role, you’ll have two or three years experience of front-end development already. You should show us a design portfolio and on-line products that you have taken a major role in developing.
We like to work with people who are ready to challenge us and who work well with others to energise our already high-energy team. We’re looking for someone to join our frontend team of a Product Designer & a Front-End Engineer. If you’re super-keen to be learning and be at the leading edge of your game we want to hear from you.
If you have any experience using state management libraries such as Vuex or Redux, then you should definitely let us know.
We will consider applicants with experience of frameworks such as React or Angular or (Insert new JS framework you’ve been using), with an openness to learning Vue and its related libraries being essential for this role as we do not foresee moving away from Vue in the short or medium term.
If you like setting yourself ambitious goals, then achieving them, then you’ll enjoy this work.
If you understand how to collaborate, build consensus, and be clear on your opinions, then we’ll get on really well.
Please see the job description below for further details.
What you need for this position
- 2 to 3 years experience of working with a JS framework in production, We use Vue.js but React/Angular apply.
- Expert knowledge of semantic HTML and responsive design
- Expert knowledge of CSS and a CSS preprocessor, ideally SASS
- Version Control (git)
- Be able to demonstrate and provide examples of products you have developed through the whole development cycle including user research, requirements gathering, wireframing, UI prototyping, implementation and quality assurance
- Confident discussing technical details and be able to make suggestions to improve existing projects and processes, as well as give suggestions and advice to others
Nice to haves:
- PHP Laravel blade templating or similar such as Twig
- Experience working with a state management library such as Vuex or Redux
- Knowledge of SEO and how front-end development can impact it
- Experience with larger projects and knowing how to deal with the component parts and troubleshoot projects you have inherited as well as ones you have built
- Experience working in an agile environment, ideally using Jira and Confluence
Perks & benefits
- Flexible working
- early finish on Friday
- minimum one day a week from the office from June 2021
- ability to work bank holidays and claim them back in lieu
- work abroad options
- responsible holiday policy (minimum of 24 days)
- two-hour lunch breaks
- Great equipment
- New Macbook Pro
- Hardware for your home office
- £100 towards a chair
- Family friendly
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Extra good stuff
- Recognition through employee of the month, quarter and year
- Career sabbatical
- Qualified Mental Health First Aiders
- Amazing social events throughout the year
- Profit share scheme. If the company does well, so do you!
How to apply
We will not accept applications from recruiters for this role.
To apply for this role you will be eligible to work in the UK, we cannot offer sponsorship for this role.
Our interview process has 3 stages:
- Video/Phone call to tell you a bit more about RMP Enterprise and for us to learn about your ambitions and working history
- Take home technical task
- Meet the team interview
Looking for more full-time jobs?