No teaching experience required (and do it while keeping your day job).
The Vue.js Instructor for Silicon Villas will design and teach online software course(s) for a small group of English-speaking developers in Italy.
Silicon Villas is a nonprofit fostering international collaboration to bring high-value technology jobs to southern Italy. We support Italian developers through training and mentoring, and connect them to remote work with US-based technology companies.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Designing and delivering a multipart ‘Introduction to Vue.js’ course series
- Creating, giving, and reviewing course-related assignments
- Answering students’ course-related questions
- Providing 1:1 coaching to students (availability permitting)
- Quarterly faculty meetings (lasting approximately 90 minutes) via teleconference
Rate and time commitment
$100-175/hour, depending on experience. This is an independent contractor position. The Introduction to Vue.js course will involve at most approximately 4 hours of in-class time and 4 hours maximum of paid curriculum development and prep time, spread over a 4 weeks, with more classes possible beyond that.
- The ability to work part-time (approximately 5 hours a month).
- You are an experienced, U.S.-based software developer currently working in Vue.js development in the Silicon Valley/San Francisco Bay Area. This work is meant to be done in addition to your day job, not instead of it.
- At least 1 year of Vue.js experience (and 3-4 years JS), and the ability to explain the inner workings of the software + provide practical examples
- A somewhat flexible schedule and the ability to accommodate class times that take into account time differences between California and Italy
- Some teaching experience, but if not, a genuine interest in teaching, along with enthusiasm for Vue.js (and other topics you may teach)
- Proactive about cultivating feedback on an ongoing basis. You welcome and incorporate feedback in your work, and the work of your students.
- Comfortable teaching on a remote platform (using tools like showing your desktop and video conferencing) as a member of a virtual team, from your own home/office with team-members that are spread across the US and Europe.
How to appply
Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.