Full Stack Developer - VueJS (Full-Time, Remote)
Are you a highly-skilled developer looking to utilize your creative expertise in a remote, mission-driven position? We’re hiring an experienced and collaborative developer to help us shape the next generation of online tools for teachers.
Our close-knit team of five helps hundreds of thousands of educators around the globe make classroom materials with a suite of well-established SaaS sites. These include: My Worksheet Maker, Crossword Hobbyist, and My Word Search. We enjoy our work because we care about helping teachers and get excited to solve difficult challenges with creative code.
We’ve always been an all-remote company, and we’re committed to realizing the benefits of remote work. Aside from pre-scheduled sprint and planning meetings (typically held in the morning in EST/UTC-5), you can work from anywhere in the world on your own schedule. In this long-term position, you get to enjoy the autonomy of remote work and the benefits of small company culture, while making significant contributions to a business that helps people. Though the position is primarily coding, you’ll also be heavily involved in planning, design, testing, and deployment.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, build test, and deploy delightful interfaces that let teachers create high-quality activities for their students
- Keep code healthy. Debug, update, test, optimize.
- Rapidly develop with iterative feedback loops
- Translate customer feedback into design solutions
- Participate and assist in carving backlog into sprints
- Perform Code Review and create Pull Requests
- Collaborate with team to create user interfaces that put customers first
- Progress legacy code into Laravel systems according to our roadmap
- Attend regular video meetings
The requirements for this job include:
- Demonstrated, high-level expertise with our stack: Vue.JS (Advanced/Expert), Laravel (Advanced), Git (Basic), SASS/SCSS (Advanced/Expert), Webpack
- Exposure to and at least some experience with functional and unit testing
- Proven track-record of creating solutions that perform well and look great
- Excellent creative problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication with technical and non-technical members of the team
- Readiness to work in a continuous delivery environment
- Preferred: experience creating secure code
- Reliable and consistent high-speed internet connection
- Laravel 6+
- Vuex stores
- Send In Blue
- PHP 7+
- Github Actions for CI/CD
- Git Flow
- Docker development environment
- Digital Ocean (roadmapped to AWS)
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy a team-oriented and collaborative work space
- Get excited about both creating plans and implementing them
- Have good judgement and a growth mindset (we’re all continuous learners here)
- Are a stickler for deadlines and like to see long-term projects through to completion
- Know when to incur technical debt and when to pay it off
- Thrive in a small team with open communication
- Are optimistic and inclusive
- Already have proven remote work experience
Why Join Us?
There are lots of reasons to join our team. Here are some of them:
- Engage in mission-driven work: we value education and exist to help teachers
- Be part of an honest, kind work environment with a supportive team
- Work remotely with a flexible (and reasonable) schedule that you control
- We’ve always been an all-remote company: remote workers aren’t second-class citizens
- Excellent life-work balance. Work should be a meaningful part of your life; not your whole life.
- Small company culture. Work with everyone directly. No weird bureaucracy to navigate.
- Your opinion matters; you’ll have a voice
- Competitive salary
Our Hiring Process:
We have a three-part hiring process that consists of a timed code exercise (1 hour) and two interviews. Because of the short hiring process, we really want to get to know you through your application materials and we’d love to see examples of publicly available, previous work. Here are the interview stages and anticipated timeline:
- Submit your application materials
- Timed coding activity (~1 hour) Mid January
- Technical video interview (~75 minutes) - Mid-Late January
- Cultural video interview (~1 hour) - Mid-Late January
All finalists will be asked to provide two to three professional references that we can talk to, preferably former managers. Hiring is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check. In your cover letter, make sure to tell us your favorite type of cookie.
How to apply
Please apply using our main application page:
Looking for more full-time jobs?