About this Job
We're looking for a full stack engineer to join our growing team. You will work on our website and the APIs that power the EO1 and EO2 digital art displays. You'll also work on the online store where we sell and explain the EO to the world.
You are an experienced polyglot developer who is comfortable contributing to both the front end and the back end. In addition, you are a prolific writer of automated tests and stickler for clean well factored code. You are friendly and easy to work with.
We are migrating our main web services and web apps to Elixir/Phoenix and Vue.js. Elixir or functional programming experience are not required but ideally you are excited to learn. Also, you will have the opportunity to use a variety of additional tools and languages at EO, including Ruby on Rails, Docker, and PostgreSQL and Redis for data storage. We deploy into AWS and Heroku. You'll help us evolve our stack as we grow the business.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Work with Product and Design on the EO website for owners
- Work with Marketing and Product on the EO Store, Guest Site and Blog
- Work with Engineering to build tools and infrastructure for our web products and hardware
- Work with our Artists to help get the most out of the EO by helping launch tools and frameworks for artwork development on the EO platform.
- Help us build out our internal admin systems for Artwork, Subscription, Customer, Order and Device management
- Help manage our backend systems in AWS and Heroku
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 7+ Years experience as a professional developer
- 3+ Years of CSS
- Polyglot Programmer
- API development a plus
- Data Storage experience a plus
- DevOps or AWS Experience a plus
- BS/BA required
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.