Openly is building a next-generation insurance company from the ground up. We’re paying close attention to the way customers want insurance to work, and questioning the way things have been done in this industry for over a hundred years - everything from how insurance is quoted and sold, to the frustrating back-end operations that waste money. Insurance is filled with interesting engineering problems that need a fresh perspective.
This isn’t something we’ve undertaken on a whim - the founding team brings executive-level experience from Liberty Mutual Insurance and Goldman Sachs, with mastery in actuarial science, computer engineering, math, and finance (MIT, Duke, and the University of Michigan). The rest of the team are key early hires who are experts in their respective fields of statistics, actuarial science, and engineering.
We’re backed by a select group of deeply knowledgeable and dedicated investors including Gradient Ventures (Google’s AI fund), Clocktower Technology Ventures, Techstars, and Point Judith Capital.
We are committed to continuing to build a diverse and inclusive workplace. We want to encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status to apply.
We’re hiring for an experienced front-end Vue.js programmer to join our technology team. As our front-end engineer #1 you’ll wear many different hats and will lead the design and development of our UI. Our flagship user-facing portal is a Vue SPA built on Vuex, vue-router, and Webpack.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Build-on and enhance the front-end web interface that agents use to access our insurance products
- Design and develop interfaces for internal users to administer agencies, agents, and policies
- Lead and implement design/UX initiatives
- Spread your expertise at the company (e.g. promote best-practices and mentor devs who want to learn from you).
- Mastery of Vue.js, with professional/production experience
- A keen eye for visual design and UX is important. Familiarity with Sketch or Figma is a major plus.
- Solid understanding of RESTful API integrations
- Computer science or engineering college degree, or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Competitive salary, equity position in a start-up company
- Generous medical, dental, vision insurance plans, 401k plus match, FSA benefits
- Flexible location opportunities
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
How to apply
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Please send us whatever you have; the more, the better e.g. resume, Github work, website, portfolio, etc.
Looking for more full-time jobs?